ALAN T. ROGERS serves as Chairman of the Firm's Executive Committee and Chaired the Firm's Litigation Section for 12 years. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he has substantial experience presenting cases to juries, judges, arbitrators and appellate courts. His cases have involved companies and professionals in many industries. Mr. Rogers has handled disputes involving shareholders, directors, corporate officers, commercial contracts, regulatory governance and other issues. Some examples include:
In the energy industry, Mr. Rogers has handled cases involving the wholesale power markets, as well as cases arising out of the operations of companies in the electric utility industry, including both investor owned utilities and electric cooperatives.
In the manufacturing industry and in the services industry, Mr. Rogers has handled complex litigation, including class actions, in state and federal courts.
In the commercial insurance industry, Mr. Rogers has handled cases involving coverage disputes, allocation disputes and challenges to policy structure and rates. Mr. Rogers’ cases have involved a variety of industry products, including liability coverages and first party coverages. Mr. Rogers has represented corporate policy holders as well as insurers.
In the financial services industry, Mr. Rogers’ cases have involved substantial lender liability disputes as well as consumer finance class actions focused on both lenders and the retail industry.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2005-Present
- Listed in Super Lawyers, 2008-2009
- Profiled in Chambers USA, Leading Lawyers for Business, Commercial Litigation
- Named a "Local Star" by Benchmark Litigation
- American Arbitration Association, Certified Mediator
- Member, Federation of Insurance and Corporate Counsel
- Alabama State Bar, Past Chairman, Business Torts and Antitrust Section; Chair, Legal Services Alabama Task Force
- University of Alabama School of Law, Adjunct Professor, Product Liability
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, Past Member, Board of Directors; Chairman, Task Force for Long Range Planning; Faculty Member, ADLA Trial Academy
- Louisiana State Bar
- The Alabama Lawyer, Past Member, Editorial Board
- Birmingham Bar Association, Chairman, Grievance Committee 2009
- American Inns of Court
- Cumberland Law Institute, Speaker and Member of Planning Committees
- Alabama Public Television Foundation, Member, Board of Directors
- Leadership Alabama, Class XX
- Leadership Birmingham, 2009 Class; Member, Members Council
- Birmingham Business Alliance, Member, Chairman's Circle
- United Way of Central Alabama, Member, Board of Directors; Member, Tocqueville Cabinet
- The Exceptional Foundation (for special needs individuals), Past President, Board of Directors; Advisory Board
- Birmingham-Southern College, Member, Norton Board of Advisors for Management & Professional Education
- Birmingham Y.M.C.A., Past Member, Board of Directors
- Rotary International
- Newcomen Society
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 1980, cum laude; Articles Editor, Tulane Law Review.
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A., 1977
- Alabama, 1983
- Louisiana, 1980