Birmingham - Alabama
• Input and process payroll data including salaries, hours worked, overtime, garnishments, insurance premiums and 401(k) deductions.
• Coordinate filing of federal, state and local tax payments
• Review and distribute W-2’s.
• Reconcile benefit invoices, employee deductions and payroll calculations
• Prepare payroll reports as necessary.
• Process expense check reimbursements.
• Respond timely to inquiries
• Assist with other accounting functions as needed
• Special projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills
• Intermediate knowledge of Excel
• Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally
• Solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws
• High degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Perform well under pressure with multiple demands
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma required, College degree preferred
• Previous payroll experience or similar background preferred Experience in the legal or professional services environment desirable.
Please submit resume and salary expectations to