Balch & Bingham Ranked ‘Highly Recommended’ by Benchmark Litigation 2018; 14 Attorneys Recognized
For the sixth consecutive year, Balch & Bingham LLP is pleased to announce that the firm was ranked as a “highly recommended” firm in Alabama in the 2018 edition of Benchmark Litigation, the definitive guide to America’s leading litigation firms and attorneys. In addition, 14 of the firm’s litigators were recognized for excellence within their individual practice.
Benchmark Litigation is the only publication in the United States to focus exclusively on litigation. The rankings are determined by a six-month research period involving extensive interviews with litigators and their clients to identify the leading litigators and firms.
Benchmark Litigation recognized seven Balch partners as Local Litigation Stars and Future Stars within their respective areas of practice.
- Allen Baker was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the area of Product Liability. An experienced trial lawyer, Allen has extensive experience trying a large variety of wrongful death, personal injury, and fire-related cases, specifically on behalf of electrical utilities and electrical-related products.
- Bruce Barze was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the areas of Competition, Energy and Natural Resources, FCPA and Enforcement, General Commercial, Insurance, International Arbitration, Product Liability, and Professional Liability. Bruce’s practice is diverse in nature and national in scope. He has litigated business, insurance, and environmental matters in more than 20 states.
- Chuck Burkhart was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the area of Product Liability. Chuck chairs the firm’s Product Liability & Casualty Practice. In addition, he maintains a national construction litigation practice and over the past decade, has negotiated more than $1 billion in construction contracts across the U.S.
- Russ Campbell was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the area of General Commercial. As chair of the firm’s Litigation Practice, Russ leads more than 90 attorneys across the firm’s footprint in the representation of clients across numerous industries in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Greg Cook was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the areas of Antitrust, Energy and Natural Resources, and General Commercial. Greg has defended over 60 class actions, handled over 250 real estate and mortgage matters. He chairs the firm’s Financial Services Litigation Practice.
- Alan Rogers was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the areas of Appellate, General Commercial, Insurance, and Product Liability. Alan is recognized for his significant experience in advocacy and litigation, providing counsel to businesses in highly regulated industries.
- Sean Shirley was listed as a Future Star. Sean regularly represents clients in complex personal injury, property damage, product liability, and wrongful death cases.
Benchmark Litigation previously named seven Balch partners Top Litigators Under 40, an honor which recognizes the nation’s most accomplished legal partners under the age of 40.
- Conrad Anderson IV, partner, Birmingham office
- Geremy Gregory, partner, Jacksonville office
- Adam Israel, partner, Birmingham office
- Anne Kaufold-Wiggins, partner, Atlanta office
- Lane Knight, partner, Montgomery office
- Brant Pettis, partner, Gulfport office
- Jason Tompkins, partner, Birmingham office