Balch & Bingham Names 5 New Partners
Balch & Bingham LLP is pleased to welcome five attorneys into the firm’s partnership, effective Jan. 1, 2018. These partners have deep experience in Balch’s Corporate, Energy, Government Relations, Labor & Employment and Litigation Practices, and serve clients operating in regulated industries across the U.S.
“Each of our new partners have demonstrated the ability to deliver exceptional legal counsel and client service, outstanding leadership and a dedication to the communities we serve,” said Stan Blanton, managing partner. “We are proud to have them as partners, congratulate them on their past achievements and look forward to even greater contributions.”
The attorneys elected to the firm’s partnership (grouped by their primary office location) include:
- Tashwanda Pinchback Dixon, partner in the Labor & Employment and Litigation Practices, provides counsel to large and small corporations on complex and emerging employment laws. She has more than 10 years of experience of successfully resolving a wide variety of labor and employment disputes as well as providing employment counseling.
- Righton Johnson Lewis, partner in the Litigation and Government Relations Practices, defends product manufacturers and utilities against a variety of allegations including property damage and personal injury. She has substantial experience defending personal injury and property damage cases, as well as more than a decade of experience in the state and national political scene, advising clients on issues involving government relations.
- Thomas DeBray, partner in the Litigation Practice, maintains a diverse civil litigation practice, handling cases involving property damage or disputes, wrongful death and personal injury claims, general business disputes, intellectual property claims, and defending alleged violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Martha Legg Miller, partner in the Corporate Practice, helps clients navigate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and economic development incentives, with an emphasis on clients who are heavily regulated. In the past three years, Martha has worked on the closing of over $1 billion of private equity assets across the country.
- Jesse Unkenholz, partner in the Energy Practice, advises clients in all aspects of the electric industry with a focus on natural gas and renewable energy generation, including negotiating wholesale power purchase agreements, creating renewable energy programs and products for utilities and solar and wind generation resource owners, and advising on regulatory compliance of renewable energy marketing.