- Power Purchase/Sale Contracts - has negotiated and drafted numerous power purchase and sale contracts for utilities, including the WSPP and EEI master agreements.
- FERC Compliance Issues - Has substantial experience in advising utilities across the United States on compliance with FERC rulemakings and initiatives. In this regard, works with FERC staff on a regular basis to better understand compliance issues and conducts onsite mock audits.
- NERC Compliance Issues - Has participated in the development of NERC’s Reliability Standards, works with clients on NERC and Regional Entity compliance issues, and has coordinated internal onsite pre-audit reviews.
- NRC Compliance Issues - Routinely provides counsel to utilities and individuals on NRC compliance issues, internal nuclear plant concerns, Safety Conscious Work Environment (SCWE) issues and has represented numerous individuals and companies through NRC OI investigations.
- CFTC Compliance Issues - Routinely provides counsel to utilities on CFTC compliance issues, Dodd-Frank training and implementation, and swap transactions.
- Nuclear Plant Safety and Security - Has drafted internal company policies and advised clients on issues relating to nuclear safety and security and has also drafted approved legislation relating to nuclear safety and security.
- Energy-Related Litigation - Has advised and represented several clients through the litigation process, and in this regard, has also represented clients before the United States Court of Federal Claims.
- Power Plant Siting - Has advised clients on numerous power plant siting issues, including local moratoriums, state environmental laws, fees and current state applicants.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2001
- Auburn University, B.S., Industrial Engineering, 1998
- Alabama, 2001