- Derivatives: Acted as counsel for large U.S. commercial bank in connection with the bank's implementation of the derivatives market reforms imposed under the Dodd-Frank Act. Our role included assessing the impact of the Dodd-Frank Act on the bank's current derivatives trading practices, updating trading documentation, and assisting in the establishment of clearing relationships.
- Vendor Management: Significant experience advising financial institutions on vendor management issues, including negotiating service provider agreements, master agreements, professional services agreements, nondisclosure agreements, and statements of work
- Broker-dealer consolidation: Acted as counsel for large, international banking organization with significant operations in the U.S., in connection with the planning and implementation of a complex transaction to consolidate the operations of a wholesale, institutional-client based broker-dealer and a retail-client-based broker-dealer.
- Municipal advisor: Acts as counsel for large U.S. commercial bank on the impact of the SEC’s municipal advisor rule, including registration requirements, the impact of the municipal advisor rule on derivatives trading relationships, the scope of the rule’s advice and solicitation requirements, and the application of the various exemptions and exclusions from municipal advisor registration.
- Derivatives advisory group: Acted as counsel for commercial bank in the development of its derivatives advisory group, including the review and negotiation of various agreements for the purpose of establishing derivatives trading relationships, consultation regarding potential U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and bank regulatory issues, and assessing registration requirements posed by proposed derivatives activities.
- Dual employee arrangements: Acted as counsel for large U.S. commercial bank in connection with drafting the bank’s employee leasing and expense sharing arrangement with its broker-dealer affiliate.
- Insurance producers: Acted as counsel to a large, national broker-dealer to address regulatory matters regarding state insurance producer licensing requirements applicable to insurance agencies engaging in the sale of variable insurance products.
- Liquidity management: Acts as counsel to a large regional commercial bank in connection with the establishment of a service available to institutional customers to provide such customers with access to information regarding money market funds and the capability to enter money market fund trade requests online and manage their excess liquidity.
- Foreign exchange: Acted as counsel to a large U.S. commercial bank in connection with reviewing and updating the bank's foreign exchange and multi-currency account agreements for use with customers.
- Investment advisor spin-off: Acted as counsel for a large, international banking organization with significant operations in the U.S., in connection with the coordination and implementation of the transition of certain investment advisory clients of the international banking organization’s U.S. advisory affiliate to a newly formed investment advisory firm.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2006, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Tulane Maritime Law Journal, managing editor; Moot Court Board, senior justice
- Tulane University, B.S.M., 2000, Accounting and Finance, magna cum laude
- Alabama, 2006
- Alabama State Bar
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama (PARCA) Roundtable
- Financial Markets Association