- Dismissal of FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, TCPA action: Successfully obtained dismissal of a lawsuit in federal court against a mortgage servicer accused of improper mortgage servicing and foreclosure.
- Dismissal of Alabama UCC dispute:Successfully obtained a voluntary dismissal of a lawsuit against bank, based on allegations of breach of the transfer and presentment warranties.
- Jury Verdict in Federal False Claims Act trial: Obtained a jury verdict in favor of large corporate client accused of defrauding the government of millions of dollars.
- Appellate Verdict in Mortgage-Servicing Case: Obtained a verdict in favor of mortgage servicer and lender on appeal to the Alabama Supreme Court in a wrongful foreclosure case.
- Summary Judgment Victories: Has successfully secured full summary judgment victories for mortgage servicers and lenders, avoiding the costly expense of trial.
- Successful Meditations: Has successfully mediated numerous mortgage servicing disputes, resulting in favorable resolution for clients.
- Regulatory Counseling: Regularly counsels clients on compliance with financial regulations related to the CFPA, RESPA, TILA, FDCPA, and other federal laws and regulations, as well as state laws regarding debt collection and foreclosure.
- Mortgage Litigation: Extensive experience defending financial institutions on consumer finance and mortgage-servicing and wrongful foreclosure related matters.
- Debtor-Creditor Litigation: Extensive experience defending debt buyers in litigation involving the FDCPA and FCRA, along with other related state and federal claims.
- Real Property Litigation: Experience representing title insurers and property owners, including resolving issues for her clients related to access, scrivener’s errors, boundary disputes, and quiet title actions.
- Landlord-Tenant Litigation: Experience managing in landlord-tenant disputes and eviction actions.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 2011, summa cum laude; Cumberland Law Review, student materials editor; Judge Abraham Caruthers Fellow; Scholar of Merit; National Negotiation Team, Regional Finalist
- The University of Alabama, M.A., Advertising and Public Relations, 2006, “The Crimson White,” Advertising Coordinator
- The University of Alabama, B.A., Journalism, 2003, cum laude; Varsity swim team; Academic All-SEC Athletic Honor Roll
- Alabama, 2011
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Section, Co-Chair Membership Committee, 2012-2014
- Young Lawyers Section, Executive Board Member, 2013-2014; Vice President of Public Service, 2014-2016
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch
- B-Metro Magazine, 2013 Rising Star
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2015-present