Balch & Bingham regularly counsels and represents publicly-traded and closely-held corporations, general and limited partnerships, limited liability corporations, joint ventures, proprietorships and charitable and tax-exempt organizations on a variety of tax-related matters. The firm has provided tax advice in many different contexts, including:
- Acquisitions and reorganizations
- Corporate debt and securities offerings
- ERISA and employment tax matters
- Choice of entity for new business operations
- Estate and trust taxation
- General tax planning for businesses and individuals
The firm has represented clients in tax audits, controversies and litigation involving the Internal Revenue Service, and has sought and obtained private letter rulings for clients on several issues.