- Co-counsel on amicus brief of 205 members of Congress filed with the D.C. Circuit in support of petitioners in State of West Virginia v. EPA (filed 2016).
- Plaintiffs’ co-counsel (on briefs with Balch) in American Electric Power v. FCC (DC Cir. 2012, cert. denied), a statutory challenge to a major FCC rule.
- Advised electric utilities on legislative matters pertaining to electric transmission and distribution, renewable energy mandates, and energy efficiency standards.
- Advised electric utilities on matters pertaining to New Source Review and New Source Performance Standards under the Clean Air Act.
- Represented a major electric utility in a regulatory accounting case of first impression before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, resulting in FERC approval of a $50 million regulatory asset.
- Counsel to coalition of electric utilities seeking reform of pole attachment regulations through legislation and Federal Communications Commission rulemaking process.
- The Catholic University of America, Ph.D. in philosophy, 2013, with distinction
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of Virginia, B.A., 1989, with distinction
- D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals, 2011
- District of Columbia, 1999
- Virginia, 1997
Institute for U.S. Law, Lecturer