2021 Labor & Employment Conference
JOIN US FOR BALCH'S 2021 LABOR & EMPLOYMENT CONFERENCE
Co-Sponsored by: Mississippi Hospital Association
Join Balch & Bingham as we bring together labor and employment attorneys, human resources professionals and in-house counsel at our 20th Annual Labor & Employment Conference in Biloxi, Mississippi. This is a terrific opportunity to learn from some of the best professionals in the labor and employment arena who will provide practical insight on emerging trends and issues and actionable strategies to help employers navigate the new rules of work, leave and non-work pursuits.
Balch's Annual Labor & Employment Conference provides valuable insight for new and experienced executives and managers responsible for human capital acquisition, upskilling, advancement, management and regulatory compliance. This year's conference will continue our tradition of delivering networking opportunities with friends and colleagues and offer opportunities to establish new relationships, while providing valuable CLE and HRCI credits. We look forward to seeing you in Biloxi!
- Lessons Learned from the Pandemic
- Addressing Leave Issues in the Post-Pandemic Workplace
- Medical Marijuana
- The Impact of the Biden Administration's Changes on Department of Labor and NLRB Policies on Your Organization
- Perceptions of Minority Experience in the Workplace
- Why Good Employers Get Sued by the EEOC
- Wage and Hour, Overtime, Department of Labor Investigations and Audits
Jay JamrogInstitute for Corporate Productivity
Jay is a futurist who has devoted the past 25 years to identifying and analyzing the major issues and trends affecting the management of people in organizations. Jay 's presentation, "2020 - The Great Disruptor: The Future of Work, The Workplace And The Workforce," will provide attendees with a deeper understanding of the world's changing business environment and tips to help think strategically about today's actions and tomorrow's plans.
Holly is an accomplished senior executive with more than twenty years of diverse leadership experience in a publicly traded for-profit company as well as both large and start-up non-profit organizations. In Holly's presentation, "Selecting the Best and Avoiding the Rest: How Do High Performance Organizations Do It?" participants learn the critical difference between hiring to fill a position and selecting talent to develop a team along with strategies to achieve this goal.
- Sharon Gustafson - Former EEOC General Counsel
- Tammy McCutchen- Former Administrator of the Wage and Hour division at the U.S. Department of Labor
WE HAVE APPLIED FOR THE FOLLOWING CE CREDITS
- Continuing Mississippi Legal Education Hours
- Mississippi State Board of Nursing Home Administrators
Your Conference Experience
Your safety is important to us as we plan this year's conference. We are working closely with the Beau Rivage event staff to develop protocols and procedures based on the advice of health authorities and event best practices to provide a safe experience.