- Served as counsel to exploration and production company in the drafting, preparation and negotiation of oil export agreements and natural gas export agreements with the other joint operators, including the joint negotiation with pipeline operators, to move production from offshore U.S. Gulf of Mexico to onshore refineries, including the drafting, preparation and negotiation of a pipeline construction contract, and including also the drafting, preparation and negotiation of hydrocarbon marketing agreements.
- Served as counsel to midstream operator in the acquisition and construction of a "pipe within a pipe" to move NGLs from the Permian Basin (Texas/New Mexico) to the Gulf Coast of Texas; involving the acquisition of a partial ownership interest in a portion of an existing pipeline; and involving the construction of new pipeline infrastructure to connect the client's gathering facility to the pipeline owner's pipeline and gathering facilities and the construction of tie-in facilities.
- Served as counsel to a foreign government entity in the preparation and administration of international oil tender, including the preparation and drafting of tender documents, drafting and negotiating of exploration and production sharing contract, licenses, operating agreements and all related documents for international oil tender, including providing guidance on evaluation of tenders and contract negotiations.
- Served as counsel to offshore drilling contractor in the negotiation and drafting of newbuild construction and commissioning contracts for new deepwater drillships valued at over US$3 billion.
- Counsel to Mexican telecom and technology company in its foreign investments and in the preparation, drafting and negotiation of its credit agreements and investment agreements.
- Served as counsel to Mexican telecom and technology company in the formation of a joint venture entity, and in the preparation, drafting and negotiation of the joint venture agreement.
- Served as U.S. M&A counsel to French technology company in its acquisition of a U.S. target, including the drafting and negotiation of the purchase and sale agreement; also advised on joint voluntary notice filing to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS).
- Served as U.S. M&A counsel to international aviation leasing company in the acquisition of a U.S. target company, valued at US$1 billion, including the drafting and negotiation of the purchase and sale agreement, management agreements, and U.S. and FAA regulatory matters; also advised on joint voluntary notice filing to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US (CFIUS).
- Served as counsel to international aviation leasing company in the acquisition of eleven (11) aircraft from major international aircraft manufacturer and in the leasing of aircraft to an international airline company.
- Advised one of the world’s largest investment banks in the re-financing of debt financing of maritime assets, including flag state requirements for re-financing and necessary re-flagging requirements.
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1999
- Trinity University, 1996
- New York
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, Recruiting Committee
- New York State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- International Law Section, Former Council Member (3 Year Term)
- Institute for Energy Law, Advisory Board Member
- American Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Houston Chapter, Former Board of Directors Member
- Euromoney’s Expert Guide to the World's Leading Energy Attorneys, 2016 & 2017
- Legal 500, United States Guide to Outstanding Lawyers, 2016
- Houston Business Journal, Who’s Who in Energy, 2012
- Hispanic Executive Magazine, Real Time Law, 2011
- University of Houston Law Foundation
- Trinity University Alumni Organization
- World Affairs Council
- Houston Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Spanish, Fluent