- Representation of electrical substation manufacturer in a plaintiff's claim for property damage at a paper mill resulting in seven figure jury verdict for client.
- Representation of electric utility in severe electrical shock personal injury accident resulting in defense verdict. Application of National Electrical Safety Code.
- Representation of electric utility in wrongful death fire case against claim of faulty lightning arrestors resulting in defense verdict.
- Representation of electrical utility in defense of helicopter crash accident resulting in defense verdict. Application of Federal Aviation Administration regs.
- Successful representation of employee leasing company in quadruple death case involving truck-vehicle collision on interstate. Verdict for plaintiff resulting in reversal on appeal. Application of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) trucking regulations.
- Representation of trucking firm in defense of personal injury claim involving collision with vehicle on interstate. Application of FMCSA trucking regulations
- Representation of asbestos manufacturers of various electrical, gaskets, valves, thermocouples, turbines, friction and brake products.
- Representation of manufacturer of electric heat pump against claim that it was defective and burned down warehouse resulting in defense verdict.
- Representation of electric utility in claim that it violated Federal Energy Regulatory Commission regulations pertaining to raising and lowering of water levels at hydro dam. Summary judgment obtained and affirmed on appeal.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1973
- The University of Alabama, B.S. Pre-Law, 1969
- Alabama, 1973
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Alabama State Bar
- The Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Lawyers for Civil Justice
- Cumberland School of Law, Advisory Board
Awards & Accolades
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star
- Products Liability Lawyer of the Year, 2005
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2008 - present
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Alabama and NW Florida, Former President
- St. Vincent’s Foundation (part of Acension Health Group), Board of Directors
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham
- Monday Morning Quarterback Club