- EPA Clean Power Plan and Affordable Clean Energy Litigation: Represented major electric generating company in challenges to EPA Clean Power Plan and associated reconsideration denial in D.C. Circuit (2015, State of West Virginia, et al. v. EPA, 15-1363 (D.C. Cir.); 2017, State of North Dakota, et al. v. EPA, 17-1014 (D.C. Cir.)). Representing electric generating company in support of EPA in challenges to EPA’s repeal of the Clean Power Plan and promulgation of the Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) rule (2019, American Lung Association, et al. v. EPA, 19-1140 (D.C. Cir.)).
- Air Permitting and Associated Challenges: Assist industrial facilities, including wood pellet manufacturing facilities and electric generating facilities, in various air permitting efforts such as construction permits, Synthetic Minor Operating Permits, and Title V Operating Permits. Represented facilities in associated challenges to air permits by third party groups.
- Environmental Due Diligence: Perform environmental due diligence and review in support of purchase and sale of power generation facilities (e.g., electric generating units, renewable sources, and nuclear power plants) and manufacturing facilities and for corporate mergers and acquisitions.
- New Source Review (NSR): Execute system compliance efforts relating to the CAA and NSR for various utilities. Assist in the representation of electric generating company in NSR enforcement action.
- EPA Coal Combustion Residual Litigation: Represented major electric generating company in support of EPA against challenge from environmental groups to portions of CCR Rule (2018, Waterkeeper Alliance, Inc., et al. v. EPA, 18-1289 (D.C. Cir.)).
- Greenhouse Gas Regulation: Drafted comments for electric generating companies in EPA's promulgation of the Clean Power Plan regulations for the control of greenhouse gases under Section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act, EPA’s proposed repeal of the Clean Power Plan, and EPA’s proposed replacement rule, the ACE rule.
- EPA NAAQS Designations: Assist in representation of electric generating companies in administrative and judicial challenges to EPA's promulgation of NAAQS designations.
- Regional Haze: Assist electric generating company with comments and litigation regarding EPA’s Regional Haze and Interstate Visibility Transport Federal Implementation Plan (FIP) for the State of Texas.
- Interstate Transport: Represented electric generating company in challenges to EPA’s CSAPR Update. (2017, State of Wisconsin et al. v. EPA, No. 16-1406 (D.C. Cir.)).
- RACT Determinations: Draft comments for electric generating company regarding a state’s RACT determination in the Ozone Transport Region.
- Washington & Lee University School of Law, J.D., 2014, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Washington & Lee Law Review, Lead Articles Editor
- University of South Carolina, B.S., Accounting, 2011, summa cum laude; South Carolina Honors College
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2015
- Alabama, 2014
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Chambers USA, Up and Coming
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch
- Birmingham Business Journal, NextGenBham: Law Winner
- Southern Environmental Center Junior Board, Secretary