- Served as trial counsel for electric utilities in the successful condemnation of easement rights for an underground natural gas lateral pipeline to accomplish the conversion of a steam plant from coal-fired to natural gas-fired electric generation.
- Represented an airport authority in the successful condemnation of land for an enlarged runway, which included the relocation of a family cemetery located on one of the condemned parcels of land.
- Won appellate reversal of an inverse condemnation judgment against a housing authority.
- Retained by the American Land Title Association and the Alabama Land Title Association to submit “friend of the court” appellate briefs in several cases relating to title insurance and title law issues.
- Won summary judgments for a number of mortgage lenders in litigation with local fire districts over the validity and priority of liens for fire district service charges
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1980
- The University of the South (Sewanee), B.A., 1977, summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Omicron Delta Kappa
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1981
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1982
- Alabama, 1980
- Alabama Board of Bar Examiners
- Alabama State Bar, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys, Fellow
- American Bar Association, Section of Tort Trial and Insurance Practice, past chair of Title Insurance Litigation Committee
- Birmingham Bar Association, Scholarship Committee
- International Right of Way Association
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2008 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, Litigation-Real Estate, Real Estate Law, 2012 - present
- Advent Episcopal Day School, president of board of trustees
- Cathedral Church of the Advent, clerk of vestry and former senior warden
- Sewanee: The University of the South, board of trustees
- Redmont Neighborhood Association
- Italian, Adequate