- Served as co-lead counsel in the trial of a successful US SEC civil enforcement case against a national broker dealer.
- Served as lead counsel in a successful multi-million dollar securities fraud related enforcement action brought against a foreign national.
- Served as lead counsel in a successful multi-million dollar insurance fraud related enforcement action.
- Served as lead counsel in the successful prosecution for public corruption of two governors.
- Served as Director of Enforcement for a state securities regulator.
- Served as both Chief of the Criminal Division and First Assistant United States Attorney for the United States Attorney's Office for the Middle District of Alabama.
- Served as Chief of Special Investigations and Litigation Division for the Office of the Attorney General of the State of Alabama.
- Served as the Director of the White Collar Crime Division of the Montgomery County, Alabama District Attorney's Office.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1981, Full Dean's Scholarship
- The University of Alabama, B.S., Accounting, 1978
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 1981
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1985
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- Alabama, 1981
- Supreme Court of Alabama, Advisory Committee on Criminal Procedure
- Alabama Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Air Force Reserve Officers Association
- Recognized by the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for Exceptional Professional Accomplishment.
- Judge Advocates Association Outstanding Career Armed Services Attorney Award
- Beta Gamma Sigma, Accounting Honors
- Air Force ROTC, four year scholarship
- Cumberland School of Law, Dean's Scholarship