- Successful Jury Trials of Employment Claims: First chair trial counsel of employment claims, including various types of discrimination.
- Class and Collective Actions: Defended class actions and collective actions of employment claims, including discrimination and FLSA actions.
- Compliance Training and Development: Developed employment law compliance policies, procedures, and training for large and regulated employers and federal contractors.
- Government Audits and Charges: Handled numerous audits and charges filed with the OFCCP, the Wage and Hour Division of the Department of Labor, and the EEOC.
- Immigration Worksite Enforcement: Audited thousands of I-9s, developed standard operating procedures and training for I-9 and E-verfiy compliance, and represented employers in all stages of ICE audits.
- Worker’s Compensation: Tried and defended numerous worker’s compensation cases throughout state courts in Alabama.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1993, summa cum laude
- Samford University, B.S., Accounting, 1990, cum laude
- Alabama State Courts
- Federal Courts of Alabama
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Alabama, 1993
- Alabama State Bar, Labor & Employment Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Labor & Employment Section
- Chambers USA, Labor & Employment
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Lawyers, 2017 & 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preminent
- Best Lawyers, Employment Law