- Community bank merger transaction: Represented a community bank and its holding company in a merger with and into another community bank and its holding company resulting in a combined bank with approximately $700 million in assets. Represented bank in negotiation of the definitive merger agreement, assisted bank in obtaining all required regulatory and shareholder approvals, and prepared the required securities filings.
- CARD Act compliance: Worked closely with a large regional credit card issuing bank to revise its credit card program to comply with new requirements and restrictions imposed by the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act (CARD Act) and its implementing regulations.
- Formation of bank holding company: Represented a community bank in a reorganization and share exchange resulting in the community bank becoming a subsidiary of a newly formed bank holding company. Advised and assisted the bank with obtaining the required regulatory and shareholder approvals and prepared all corporate documentation to effectuate transaction.
- Vendor contract negotiations: Routinely represents banks in the negotiation of agreements with third party vendors. Negotiates agreements in accordance with guidance from bank regulators on vendor risk management best practices.
- Consumer lending program: Represented a Fortune 500 subsidiary in the structuring and ongoing compliance of its in-house financing program. Advised the company on compliance with the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and other consumer protection regulations.
- Data breach response policy: Represented a financial institution in the development of a data breach response policy.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2006
- Auburn University, B.S., 2003, Finance
- Alabama, 2006
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association