- Second-chaired a three-day bench trial before an OSHA administrative law judge.
- Litigated and successfully mediated a three-plaintiff/three-defendant race discrimination case and a high-profile sexual harassment case – both of which resulted in low settlement amounts that saved the client’s exposure to damages in excess of $1 million and unwanted publicity.
- Designed and presented trainings and seminars on labor and employment laws, including the production of an interactive training video designed specifically for the client’s business.
- Obtained summary judgment in a case brought by a former employee alleging age discrimination, disability discrimination, retaliation under the Family Medical Leave Act, and Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) violations.
- Conducted investigations into harassment and discrimination at several nuclear power plants.
- Obtained summary judgment and attorney’s fees for client in a case brought by a current employee alleging race discrimination and retaliation.
- Successfully arbitrated grievances brought by labor unions.
- Litigated four separate OSHA fatality cases that resulted in favorable settlements for the employers and a dismissal of the citation by the administrative law judge, which was upheld by the Occupational Health and Safety Review Commission.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2006,
National Moot Court Team; Trial Advocacy Club; Black Law School Association, past president and academic excellence chair; Women Law Students’ Association
- Hampton University, B.A., Mass Media/Public Relations, 1998, Dean’s List; Alpha Tau Alpha (Mass Media Honors Society)
- Georgia Superior Court, 2006
- Georgia State Courts, 2006
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Georgia, 2006
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys; Employment Section chair, 2011-2012
- Atlanta Bar Association
- The Gate City Bar Association
- National Employment Law Counsel, Programming Committee
- Women’s Energy Network
- Chocolate Hearts, Inc., 2015 - Present
- Atlanta Business League, general counsel, 2010 – Present
- Atlanta Volunteer, pro bono partnership, 2007 – Present
- D.M. Therrell High School, Atlanta, mock trial team coach, 2009 – 2012
- State Bar of Georgia Diversity Pipeline Program, presenter, 2009
- The National Association for Law Placement (NALP) Street Law Diversity, Pipeline Program, presenter and co-host, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, Honorable Myron H. Thompson