- Clean Air Act (CAA) permitting of an integrated gasification combined cycle (IGCC) plant: Advised electrical generating company on state and federal permitting issues related to the construction of and operating permits for a first-of-its-kind IGCC facility in Mississippi. (2014-2016)
- Clean Water Act (CWA) permitting of coal-fired power plant: Worked with an Alabama client to draft national pollutant discharge elimination system (NPDES) permit renewal application, including anti-degradation analyses, for a coal-fired power plant with a coal ash impoundment. (2015)
- Waste management at coal ash pond: Worked with an Alabama client to devise a compliance strategy for operation of a coal ash surface impoundment in response to significant changes in EPA's Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulations.
- CAA permitting: Worked with client and third-party consultants to draft a plan for measuring and quantifying fugitive emissions generated at an IGCC facility as required by a Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality air construction permit. (2014-2015)
- Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)/Superfund listing: Drafted comments for potentially responsible parties (PRPs), industry groups, and other clients in opposition to a proposed National Priorities List listing of an Alabama site based on a novel liability theory proposed by EPA. (2014)
- RCRA hazardous waste disposal: Advised client on RCRA issues arising from the handling, storing, and disposing of potentially hazardous waste generated by a third-party operation at the client's facility. (2015)
- Industrial stormwater permitting: Drafted comments for businesses and municipalities in state rulemaking revising Alabama Department of Environmental Management industrial stormwater general NPDES permits for Alabama businesses. (2015)
- Industrial site remediation: Negotiated a restrictive covenant and access agreement with the Florida Department of Environment Protection as basis for a "No Further Action" certification of an industrial facility in Florida.
- Environmental risk management review for asset purchase: Assessed the potential environmental liabilities of multiple industrial facilities based on historical operational and regulatory documents. (2014)
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2008,
cum laude; Senior Articles Editor, Notre Dame's Journal of Legislation
- Emory University, B.A., Philosophy & Religion, 2000
- Alabama, 2008
- American Bar Association, Environmental Section
- Federalist Society
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorneys in Birmingham, 2015