- Internal Investigations – Conducts internal investigations for nuclear power plant owners and operators and investigations in response to NRC Requests for Information (RFIs). Developed fleet procedure for responding to RFIs and related training.
- Government Investigations – Represents nuclear power plant owners and operators and DOE contractors, including their employees, in connection with investigations conducted by the NRC Office of Investigations (OI), OSHA, and DOE Office of Enforcement.
- Employee Concerns – Develops and helps implement internal employee concerns program (ECP) elements and other alternative pathways for reporting concerns for NRC licensees. Develops and conducts related training for ECP professionals and program administrators.
- Enforcement Proceedings – Represents NRC licensees and DOE contractors, including their employees, in connection with post-investigation enforcement proceedings and adjudications. Provides advice on traditional enforcement and Reactor Oversight Process.
- Whistleblower Proceedings – Defends NRC licensees before the US Department of Labor in connection with retaliation complaints filed under Section 211 of the Energy Reorganization Act of 1974 and related employee protection provisions administered by the DOL.
- Work Environment – Conducts comprehensive assessments and targeted surveys regarding the nuclear safety culture and safety conscious work environment (SCWE) at NRC-licensed sites. Advises clients and provides training on maintaining a healthy safety culture and SCWE.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Represents clients in early and post-investigation alternative dispute resolution proceedings administered by the NRC and DOL. Assists with completion of action from and close-out of NRC-issued Confirmatory Orders.
- Vermont Law School, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- Vermont Law School, M.S.E.L., 2002, magna cum laude
- Dickinson College, B.A., 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- District of Columbia
- Nuclear Energy Institute, Lawyers Committee
- National Association of Employee Concerns Professionals
- Guest Instructor at Institute of Power Operations (INPO)
- Energy Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Energy Law, 2024
- Law 360, The Burton Awards, Distinguished Legal Writing Award, 2020
- Banneker City Little League, Commissioner & Coach
- DC Girls Baseball, Co-Founder and Coach