- Representation of Compass Bancshares, Inc., in connection with $9.6 billion 2007 sale of Compass to Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. for a combination of cash and stock.
- Representation of Board of Directors of Compass Bancshares, Inc. (NASDQ) on a continuing basis, including proxy fight with former executive and acquisition of banks in Florida, Alabama, and Texas.
- Representation of State of Alabama and various state agencies in negotiations with Mercedes Benz resulting in location of first automotive manufacturing plant in Alabama.
- Representation of Vesta Insurance Group (NYSE) in connection with its acquisition of American Founders Financial Corporation.
- Representation of a Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Winslow Furniture (NASDQ) in leverage management buy-out valued at approximately $280,000,000.
- Representation of Stockham Valves & Fittings in the sale of its valve business to Crane Corporation involving approximately $60,000,000 in transferred assets located in the United States, the United Kingdom, and Australia.
- Representation of Birmingham Steel Corporation (NYSE) in connection with the formation of a production joint venture with Ivaco and the subsequent acquisition of over $100,000,000 of mini-mill and melt shop facilities.
- Representation of Vesta Insurance Group (NYSE) in initial public offering of shares of subsidiary Affirmative Holdings, Inc. in July of 2004.
- Representation of Vesta Insurance Group (NYSE) in connection with contested election of Board of Directors at 2005 annual meeting.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M., Taxation, 1972
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1970
- The University of Alabama, B.A., 1967
- Alabama, 1970
- Alabama Law Institute, Business Entities Committee
- American Bar, Fellow
- Alabama Law Foundation, Fellow
- Birmingham Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Alabama Board of Bar Examiners, former member