- Breach of Non-Solicitation Agreement: Defended departing insurance brokers in preliminary injunction action and subsequent appeal by former employer where former employer alleged that brokers impermissibly solicited former employer’s insurance clients and disclosed former employer’s confidential financial data in violation of non-solicitation and confidentiality provisions in brokers’ employment contracts.(2014–present).
- Breach of Non-Compete Agreement: Successfully represented Alabama-based beverage company in Florida lawsuit against Florida-based former employee for breach of non-compete agreement in employment contract. (2014–2015).
- Theft of Trade Secrets: Defended departing employees and independent contractor against claims by materials management software developer that departing employees and independent contractor misappropriated software developer’s trade secrets by developing construction work packaging software that software developer claimed competed with product it was developing based on work provided by independent contractor. (2016).
- Tortious Interference With Business Relations: Defended commercial printing company against claim by competing printing company alleging tortious interference with business relations where print company accepted work brokered by competitor’s former employee, who had signed non-compete agreement. (2014–present).
- Spent Nuclear Fuel Litigation: Represented multiple nuclear utilities in trials in connection with numerous multi-million dollar damages claims against the federal government arising from the Department of Energy’s obligation to dispose of the nation’s commercial spent nuclear fuel. (Ongoing).
- Overdraft Class Actions: Represented Arkansas-based regional bank in class action where plaintiff alleged that bank posted transactions to customer checking accounts in a way that maximizes overdraft and insufficient funds fees. (2015–present).
- Shareholder Derivative Action: Defended former directors of financial services firm against shareholder derivative claims alleging that former directors breached their fiduciary duty by failing to prevent waste of corporate assets by firm’s former chairman and CEO. (2015).
- Alabama Securities Act: Defended clearing broker/dealer in jury trial and subsequent appeal related to claims of control person liability under the Alabama Securities Act where clearing broker/dealer cleared transactions for initiating broker/dealer that sold unregistered promissory notes that were not cleared by clearing broker/dealer. (2012–2014).
- Appeal of Clean Water Act Permit: Argued before Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of intervening surface coal mining companies in environmental groups’ appeal of the denial of their Administrative Procedure Act challenge to Army Corps of Engineers’ issuance of nationwide Clean Water Act permit. (2014).
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2009, magna cum laude; Senior Articles Editor, Alabama Law Review; John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Chief Justice, Student Honor Court; Hugo L. Black Scholar; Order of the Samaritan
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.A., Political Science, 2006, magna cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa; Omicron Delta Kappa; Mortar Board; Distinction in Leadership Studies
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 2011
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2011
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2017
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2019
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2019
- Alabama, 2009
- Birmingham Bar Association:Young Lawyers Section, Future Leaders Forum Committee, Grievance Committee
- American Bar Association: Young Lawyers Section; Litigation Section, Business Torts and Unfair Competition Committee, Business Torts and Unfair Competition Journal Editor
- Defense Research Institute
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Birmingham Inns of Court
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch
- Birmingham Business Journal, Top 40 Under 40, 2021; Rising Star Lawyer, 2016
- Alabama State Bar Leadership Forum, 2016
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation, 2015 - present
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Birmingham MS Leadership Class, 2014
- B-Metro Magazine Rising Star in the Legal Profession, 2014
- Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum, 2013
- Benchmark Litigation, Under 40 Hot List, 2017 - present
- Bell Center for Early Childhood Intervention, Junior Board
- Birmingham-Southern College, Young Alumni Advisory Council , Chair 2014 – 2016, Alumni Executive Board Member, 2014 – 2016
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham
- Trinity United Methodist Church
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama, Honorable William M. Acker, Jr., 2009 - 2010