- Electric Generation Construction: Represents owners and contractors in the development and construction of new natural gas, battery storage, and renewable electric generation facilities and associated projects, including negotiation and administration of engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) agreement, major equipment supply contracts, long-term service agreements, master services agreements, and operation and maintenance agreements. Recent representative matters include the following:
- EPC Agreement for the construction of a 50 MW solar generation facility located in Live Oak County, Texas.
- EPC Agreement for the construction of a 140 MW solar generation facility located in Crane County, Texas.
- EPC Agreement and Equipment Supply Agreement for a 150 MW battery storage facility located in Webb County, Texas.
- EPC Agreement and Equipment Supply Agreement for an 88 MW battery storage facility located in Kern County, California.
- EPC Agreement and Equipment Supply Agreement for a 72 MW battery storage facility located in Fresno County, California.
- Construction Services Agreements for redevelopment of power plant sites located in Brooklyn, New York.
- Power Purchase Agreements: Represents buyers and sellers in negotiations of power purchase agreements, including natural gas and energy storage tolling agreements, power purchase and sales agreements related to solar, wind, energy storage, combined solar plus battery storage, and natural gas facilities, and renewable energy credit sales arrangements.
- Generation Acquisitions and Sales: Performs due diligence and advises clients on commodity sales and fuel supply contracts in acquisitions of wind and solar generation for independent power producers.
- Administration of Open Access Transmission Tariff and related matters before FERC: Represents large transmission owning utilities in administration of open access tariff and transmission formula rates governing transmission service on regional interconnected transmission system.
- Coal Purchase Agreements: Serves as counsel to large utility client in developing and negotiating long-term coal purchase agreements, as well as short-term, spot coal purchases.
- Generator Interconnection Agreements: Serves as counsel to both interconnection providers and facility owners with respect to the negotiation and administration of both federal- and state-jurisdictional generator interconnection agreements.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 2015, magna cum laude; Georgia Law Review, Articles Editor
- University of Georgia, B.A., Political Science, 2011, summa cum laude
- Alabama, 2015
- Alabama Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section