- Clean Water Act Permitting and Compliance: Secured a ruling from the Texas Third Court of Appeals upholding a Texas Pollutant Discharge Elimination System permit in a case of first impression in Texas concerning the requirements for “cooling water intake structures” for existing power plant facilities.
- Solid Waste Facility Expansions: Secured rulings from the Texas Third Court of Appeals and Seventh Court of Appeals upholding permits authorizing the expansions of municipal solid waste landfill facilities in Central Texas.
- Hazardous Waste Enforcement Action: Represented manufacturer of components for the aerospace and other advanced-technology industries in a multi-region RCRA enforcement action brought by EPA; argued the case to EPA’s Environmental Appeals Board, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and the D.C. Circuit.
- Groundwater Contamination Lawsuit: Defended chemical distribution company in a lawsuit in Texas state district court alleging soil and groundwater contamination of a neighboring industrial property.
- Environmental Due Diligence: Assisted client with the purchase and sale of contaminated industrial properties with ongoing, long-term RCRA obligations, including groundwater monitoring and closure.
- Site Closure and Corrective Action: Assisted chemical manufacturer with RCRA compliance stemming from the closure of a large manufacturing unit; multiple process units, tanks, and other equipment were decommissioned and removed from the facility.
- Environmental Compliance Audit: Assisted chemical manufacturing client with a comprehensive solid waste and wastewater compliance audit at one of its Texas facilities; audit assessed the client’s waste and wastewater management practices and procedures facility-wide and spanned several months.
- Hazardous Waste Facility Permitting: Assisted client with federal RCRA Part B permit for hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal facility; represented client in appeal of RCRA permit before EPA's Environmental Appeals Board.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2000,
Certificate in Environmental Law, Order of the Coif, Phi Delta Phi, Editor in Chief - Tulane Environmental Law Journal, Haber Joseph McCarthy Environmental Law Award
- The University of Alabama, B.A., Geology, 1997, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas, 2010
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2009
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2007
- Texas, 2004
- District of Columbia, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Air and Waste Management Association
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental Law, 2012-2021
- Best Lawyers in America®, Environmental "Lawyer of the Year" in Austin, 2015 & 2017 & 2023
- Chambers USA, Environmental Law, 2011-2021
- Super Lawyers, Texas Super Lawyer, 2018-2019