- Insurance Coverage: After obtaining dismissal of the bad faith claims, obtained a defense verdict in an insurance coverage dispute over the cause of damage to a commercial building.
- Construction Litigation: Obtained a favorable settlement in a dispute over the faulty design of an HVAC system of a commercial building.
- Lender liability: Defended mortgage servicer, investor, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems in wrongful foreclosure suit, winning summary judgment which was ultimately affirmed by the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Real Estate: Prevailed in contested suit to confirm a tax title that was appealed by the taxpayer to the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Creditors’ rights: Obtained a favorable settlement on behalf of a lender in a fraud suit against one of the principals of a bankrupt borrower.
- Commercial litigation: Represented natural gas pipeline in construction litigation to defeat multimillion dollar claims by subcontractors.
- Business disputes: Defended shareholder in suit to dissolve the family-owned corporation and partition the corporation’s real property, obtaining a favorable result in which property was kept whole and other shareholders’ interests were bought out.
- Eminent domain: Represented natural gas pipeline in eminent domain suits to obtain property for construction of interstate pipeline.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2002
- Mississippi State University, B.A., 1999, magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- Alabama, 2004
- Mississippi, 2003
- Illinois, 2002
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section: Condemnation, Zoning & Land Use Committee
ABA Section of Litigation
- Dixie Land Title Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Hinds County Bar Association