Balch's client-service driven real estate attorneys have substantial leasing experience, which they utilize to effectively and efficiently advise both landlord and tenant clients in all aspects of commercial leasing.
Our work includes representation of all types and sizes of landlords and tenants in office, retail, and industrial markets across the country through the full cycle of a lease transaction – from structuring, drafting and negotiating leases through modification, relocation, expansion, extension and disposition.
In addition to traditional commercial leasing services, we also have deep experience with subleases, sale-leasebacks, ground leases and build-to-suit.
Working in close cooperation with the tax, economic development, environmental, energy, and real estate litigation practice groups of our firm enables us to provide thoughtful, comprehensive advice and services for our clients.
Our real estate team regularly represents office building, shopping center and mixed use developers and owners, property managers, investors, financial institutions, public utilities, universities and other public and private companies as landlords and tenants.
- Represented landlords and property managers nationally in portfolio leasing of office space throughout the southern and eastern United States.
- Represented developer of 450 acres on an Alabama arsenal with a long-term lease with the US Army.
- Represented international and regional financial institutions with branch, office, headquarters, and ATM leasing across the United States.
Retail and Mixed Use:
- Represented developer with leasing of 130 acres with five shopping areas, outparcels, and office space.
- Represented major university in all aspects of leasing transactions.
- Represented regional fast food chain with leases throughout Alabama and Mississippi.
- Represented national automotive safety and emissions testing corporation with leases and subleases of inspection facilities across the United States.
- Represented numerous landowners in ground lease negotiations with solar farm developers.
- Represented utility company in ground lease negotiations with the federal government for a $30 million solar facility to be constructed on a military installation.
- Represented utility company with wind turbine leases across the southeastern United States.
- Represented various clients on mineral and lease issues related to horizontal drilling and fracking matters, as well as related mineral issues, across the southeastern United States.