- Energy Legislation: Negotiated and drafted comprehensive energy legislation, including the Energy Policy Act of 2005, the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007.
- Energy Policy and Modernization Act of 2016: Oversaw the Senate Committee process that produced the bipartisan Energy Policy and Modernization Act of 2016.
- Oil Export Ban Repeal: Drafted and Negotiated legislation and developed strategy for repealing the crude oil export ban contained in the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2016.
- Natural Resources Legislation: Drafted and developed strategy for the development and passage of hundreds of pieces of public lands, mining, parks and forestry legislation, including a package contained in the Defense Authorization Act of 2015 and the 2009 Omnibus Public Land Management Act.
- Forestry: Negotiated legislation regarding and conducted oversight on federal Forest Service policy and funding, including fire management funding.
- Sealaska Legislation: Negotiated and developed strategy for enactment of Southeast Alaska Native Land Entitlement Finalization and Jobs Protection Act, transferring over 70,000 acres of Forest Service land to the Sealaska Corporation to finalize land claims under the Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
- Nominations: Reviewed nominations and managed confirmation process for Presidential nominations for agencies jurisdictional to the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources, including the Departments of Energy and Interior, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
- Oversight: Planned and prepared materials for hundreds of oversight hearings on regulations of jurisdictional federal agencies, energy markets, and environmental and natural resource production issues.
- Project Development: Conducted oversight of regulation of production and infrastructure development, both off- and on-shore, with the Department of Interior, Environmental Protection Agency and Corps of Engineers.
- Budget & Appropriations: Conducted oversight of budget of jurisdictional agencies, worked with appropriations staff on member priorities within the purview of energy and natural resources.
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1987
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1984
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 1989
- District of Columbia, 1987