- Municipal bankruptcy: Served as bond counsel and special counsel to Jefferson County, Alabama in its restructuring of $4.2 billion in outstanding debt culminating in the county’s emergence from the nation’s second largest Chapter 9 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Utilities refinancing: Served as bond counsel for a $254 million private activity bond refinancing and issuance of Alabama Power Company Pollution Control Revenue Refunding Bonds.
- Utilities refinancing: Served as bond counsel to a city-owned water works and sewer board for multiple refinancings of different outstanding bond issues.
- Bond reofferings: Served as bond counsel to Alabama Power Company for numerous reofferings of its outstanding solid waste and pollution control private activity bonds.
501(c)(3) bond refinancing: Served as bond counsel to 501(c)(3) service organization for refinancing of outstanding bond issues.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2007
- The University of Alabama Manderson Graduate School of Business, MBA, Strategy & MIS, 1999
- Rhodes College, B.A., 1994
- Alabama, 2007
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, Securities Law and Disclosure Committee
- American Bar Association, Business Section
- Alabama State Bar, Business Law and Corporate Counsel Section
- Birmingham Bar Association, Business Law Section
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Public Finance, Corporate Law and Finance
Lakeshore Foundation, Board of Directors
Lakeshore Foundation Junior Board, Former President