- Surety litigation: Defending a surety company against claims by a municipality and lot owners under "subdivision" bonds. Litigation in federal court is ongoing.
- Biomass Crop Assistance Program (BCAP) litigation: Defended pulp mills in state court actions alleging misadministration of a federal governmental program. Summary judgement granted in two cases. Adverse verdict reduced on appeal in a third.
- Landfill litigation: Represented town and its mayor in opposing siting of mega-landfill near town. Landfill was defeated.
- Banking litigation: Defended bank in federal court against claims of the Alabama Department of Revenue that bank as successor to failed bank assumed failed bank's state tax liability. Motion to dismiss granted.
- Biofuels litigation: Represented an investor in a startup company that claimed to be able to make biofuels from cellulosic material in federal court, in subsequent fraudulent transfer and piercing action in federal court, and in bankruptcy court to collect judgments. Substantial recovery of $10 million judgments.
- Regulatory litigation: Represented state regulatory agency in state court action in which regulated entities sought to overturn regulation issued by agency as beyond its authority. Summary judgment granted and sustained on appeal.
- Dissolution of construction company: Represented member of construction company in dissolution of company and in related tort claims. Case settled.
- Condominium litigation: Represented 27 former condominium owners in state court action against developer and mortgagee of land on which new condominiums were to be built. Case settled.
- Environmental litigation: Represented real estate developer against claims of a class of homeowners that subdivision was developed on land that had contaminated groundwater, and against state agency that polluted the groundwater. Cases settled.
- Punitive Damages Litigation: Represented in separate cases a computer software company, a snack food company, and a natural gas producer in contesting in post-trial proceedings and on appeal punitive damages awarded against them.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1986
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama State Courts
- Alabama, 1986
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2004 -present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2008 -present
- Central Alabama Community Foundation, Board of Directors
- The Capri Community Film Society, Inc., Board of Directors
- Montgomery Symphony Orchestra, Former Board of Directors
- The Montgomery Academy, Former Board of Trustees