- Lead counsel for a gas pipeline contractor relating to gasoline distribution pipeline explosion involving two deaths and three significant personal injuries. The scope of the representation relates to the pending NTSB investigation, recently concluded OSHA investigation, worker’s compensation claims, environmental issues, potential tort litigation as well as related insurance coverage and contractual indemnity issues
- Defense of a natural gas fitting manufacturer in a product liability/warranty action arising out of a natural gas pipeline explosion and the related removal and remediation of the product by the gas system operator.
- Lead counsel in the defense of a Fortune 500 energy company in a significant personal injury action involving an exploding pressurized electrical device.
- Lead counsel in the defense of public housing authority in alleged lead-paint poisoning of minor children.
- Lead counsel in the representation of 290 individuals and hotel owners in putative class action involving alleged defective HVAC equipment against a large HVAC manufacturer.
- Lead counsel in the defense of two prominent Florida plaintiff’s firms in legal malpractice cases arising out of Engle-progeny tobacco litigation.
- Lead trial counsel in the defense of a personal injury action against a large electric utility contractor. The jury trial settled favorably after three days of trial.
- Representation of a commercial builder in litigation against a large HVAC manufacturer related the purchase of more than 1,200 HVAC products.
- Defense of electric utility company in wrongful death case involving automobile collision with a utility pole, which resulted in a Summary Judgment.
- Lead counsel in the defense of electric utility contractor in case alleging property damage caused by improper drilling. The jury trial yielded a verdict in favor of the defense.
- Trial counsel involving the defense of an electric utility company in personal injury action relating to contact with an energized power line. The three week jury trial yielded a verdict in favor of the defense.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2000, Jessup International Moot Court Team, Alabama Law Review, Order of Barristers, Moot Court Board
- The University of Alabama, B.A., 1997,
magna cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- Alabama, 2000
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Civil Courts Committee (2008)
- Council on Litigation Management
- Defense Research Institute Product Liability Committee, Young Lawyer's Steering Committee, Children’s Products SLG (Marketing Chair, Vice-Chair, Chair), Scaffolds, Cranes & Aerial Devices SLG (Vice-Chair)
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation
- AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Birmingham Magazine, Rising Star
- Super Lawyers, Rising Star