- Lead counsel defending multiple clients throughout the Southeast and beyond in thousands of occupational lung disease cases involving silicosis, asbestosis, mixed dust pneumoconiosis and black lung. Member of the trial team that took the first silica case to trial in Mississippi history and argued the motion for mistrial which ultimately ended the case; secured dismissals with prejudice in 117 silica cases for several defendants; represented a sand company and an abrasive blasting equipment manufacturer in case through summary judgment in the U.S. District Court, followed by an appellate victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Lead counsel in indemnity action arising from a gas leak and resulting environmental contamination and clean-up of surrounding properties. Appeal currently pending before the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Trial counsel in a case Balch filed on a client’s behalf in Jackson, Mississippi to recoup significant losses from a loan. Hinds County juries are debtor-friendly, but despite the anti-business venue, after three days of trial, the jury returned a verdict in favor of the client for $509,618.66.
- Litigation counsel for one of the largest HVAC component manufacturers in all of its Legionnaires’ disease litigation nationwide. Based on our extensive knowledge of Legionnaires’ disease, transmission of legionella bacteria, and causation for upper respiratory injuries, we have obtained voluntary dismissals with prejudice in all three cases filed against the product manufacturer in courts across the country.
- Litigation counsel in more than 200 personal injury claims in chemical exposure cases alleging damages as a result of migrating toxic materials.
- OFCCP audit: Represented specialty manufacturing enterprise in a 2-year Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audit of the client's equal employment opportunity and practices that resulted in a notice of compliance with no violations.
- Mass dismissal in silica litigation: Obtained dismissals with prejudice in 117 silica cases for multiple defendants.
- Race discrimination victory: Won summary judgment in an action against a manufacturing facility.
- Silica summary judgment and 8th Circuit win: Represented sand company and abrasive blasting equipment manufacturer in case through summary judgment in the U.S. District Court, followed by an appellate victory in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Breach of employment contract: Represented a school district in case, winning summary judgment (2013) followed by an appellate victory in the Mississippi Court of Appeals.
- Silica litigation: Member of the trial team that took the first silica case to trial in Mississippi history and argued the motion for mistrial which ultimately ended the case.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 1995, Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Articles Editor
- University of Mississippi, M.Ed., 1992
- University of Mississippi, B.A., 1989, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Arkansas, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Arkansas, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2014
- Mississippi, 1995
- Alabama, 2013
- Arkansas, 2015
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-rated
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Make-A-Wish Mississippi, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Jackson, Sustaining Member