- Co-trial counsel for a well-known electrical engineering company in a New Jersey state court personal injury case. After a three-week jury trial, the plaintiff opted to settle for a confidential sum satisfactory to our client immediately prior to closing arguments.
- Won summary judgment for title insurance company in defense of eight-figure lawsuit filed by the insured for fraud and breach of contract.
- Obtained summary judgment in defense of numerous lawsuits alleging claims for benefits under life, health, disability, and AD&D policies.
- Defeated class certification and obtained summary judgment for insurer in action alleging improper calculation of benefits under health insurance policies.
- Won defense verdict in defense of developer in dispute with owner regarding development of ambulatory surgery center and office building.
- Won defense verdict in pro bono defense of church in property dispute with neighbor.
- Obtained dismissal of claims brought by former owner of property against current property owner who had obtained property through foreclosure.
- Obtained dismissal of lawsuit brought by insured against numerous insurance companies seeking coverage for underlying environmental lawsuits.
- Won trial verdict in favor of one sibling in inheritance dispute with other siblings.
- The University of Alabama, B.S., 1998
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2002, magna cum laude
- Alabama, 2002
- ABA TIPS Title Insurance Committee
- DRI Life Health & Disability Committee
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2014 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year in ERISA Litigation-Birmingham, 2017
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2019 - present
- Birmingham Volunteer Lawyers Program, President, Board Member 2016 - 2019
- Youth sports coach