Foster has served as bond counsel or underwriter's counsel in the financing of programs and projects by the State of Alabama and its agencies and instrumentalities including:
- Numerous single family housing issues over 30 years for Alabama Housing Finance Authority.
- General and limited obligation debt financings for the State of Alabama.
- Bonds issued by the Alabama Highway Authority for public roads and bridges financings by the State Industrial Development Authority for economic development grants.
- Bonds issued by the Alabama Public School and College Authority for public school facilities.
- Bonds issued by the Alabama Public Health Care Authority for public health facilities.
- Alabama Water Pollution Control Authority revolving fund bonds.
- Alabama Drinking Water Finance Authority revolving fund bonds.
- Numerous private activity bonds for manufacturing, pollution control, sewage and solid waste facilities.
- Bonds for various 501(c)(3) organizations, including hospitals, the Lakeshore Foundation and the Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.
- Representation of Jefferson County, Alabama as bond counsel in its Chapter 9 case and in the resulting refinancing of its debt.
- Numerous new money and refinancing issues for Auburn University.
- University of Georgia School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 1972
- Alabama, 1975
- Georgia, 1975
- National Association of Bond Lawyers, President, 2007 - 2008; President-Elect, 2006 - 2007; Treasurer, 2005 - 2006; Secretary, 2004 - 2005
- American College of Bond Counsel, Fellow; Board of Directors, 2011 - 2012
- Alabama State Bar, International Law Section, Past President
- Registered on the Alabama State Court Mediator Roster
- Chambers USA, Banking & Finance: Public Finance
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Public Finance Law
- America College of Bond Counsel
- Mid-South Super Lawyers