- Multiple Wrongful death claims: Defended an international ocean carrier in multiple suits for wrongful death as a result of a trucking accident. The cases involved various complex legal and factual issues related to the application of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Act and related Georgia law. Served as lead counsel for defendants and negotiated a favorable settlement after filing motions for summary judgment.
- Property damage action: Defended an electric utility company against flooding of a residence and received a favorable verdict in a jury trial.
- Personal injury action in Barrow County Superior Court: Represented an individual and electric utility and received a favorable verdict in a jury trial as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
- Monetary damages claim against an insurer: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, Dublin Division; represented community bank and received a favorable settlement in an action related to employee fraud.
- Personal injury action in Screven County Superior Court: Defended an individual and private utility contractor and received a favorable verdict in a jury trial as a result of a motor vehicle accident.
- Wrongful death claim: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia, Waycross Division, defended publicly traded corporation in a wrongful death action. Court granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Mercer University, J.D., 1997
- University of Georgia, B.A., 1993
- VNS Corporation; Corporate General Counsel, 2003 - 2015; Board of Directors, 2000 - 2015
- NW Services Corporation; Board of Directors, 2004 - 2015
- Georgia Bankers Association, Bank Counsel Division, Board of Directors, 2005 – present
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2024
- Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising Stars
- Richard B. Russell Foundation, University of Georgia, Chair of Board of Trustees
- YMCA of Atlanta, Camp High Harbour Lake Burton, Board of Directors.
- Georgia Wildlife Federation, Board of Directors
- Northside United Methodist Church, Atlanta
- Leadership Georgia, Class of 2005
- Georgia Court of Appeals, Honorable Gary Andrews, 1997