Susan B. Livingston Boot Camp for Success 2019
Each year, Balch hosts the Susan B. Livingston Boot Camp for Success to equip incoming law students with the tools needed to be successful during law school and throughout their future as attorneys. Minority and underrepresented law students from schools across the Southeast are invited to attend a two-day program to learn skills to be successful in law school and to gain a deeper understanding of the legal profession and the variety of careers available to law school graduates.
I feel more prepared for law school because I did not know what to expect before Boot Camp.
- 2018 Boot Camp Participant
Many students who participate in the program go on to credit Boot Camp for Success as a driving factor behind their law school and young professional accomplishments. In 2018, more than 40 incoming law students joined us for Boot Camp.
Balch attorneys, corporate leaders, attorneys from a wide variety of backgrounds and career paths, and law school faculty present and discuss ways students can enhance their academic and professional success while maximizing law school opportunities.
Thursday, August 1st, 1:00 PM - 6:00 PM (Central Time)
Friday, August 2nd, 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM (Central Time)
Balch & Bingham
1901 Sixth Avenue North, Suite 1500
Birmingham, AL 35203
Click here for directions.
Additional speakers to be confirmed.
- Judge John L. Carroll, Retired Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of Alabama; Former Dean of Cumberland Law School
- Jonathan Barry-Blocker, Southern Poverty Law Center
- Ron Curtis, ExxonMobil Corporation
- Professor Brian Fair, Hugh F. Culverhouse Jr. School of Law at The University of Alabama
- Judge Shera Grant, District Judge, 10th Circuit
- Melanie Jablonski, Georgia Power Company
- Allan Kamensky, Synovus
- Yawanna McDonald, Campbell Partners
- Millie Ronnlund, Southern Nuclear
- Judge Shanta Owens, District Judge, 10th Circuit
- Judge Javan J. Patton, Circuit Judge, 10th Judicial Circuit