Solar Energy Transactions:
- Multiple agreements for the purchase and sale of the electric output of large solar generation facilities in the Southeastern United States.
- A Georgia independent power producer's construction and sale of output from multiple solar generation facilities to electric cooperatives and municipalities
- Multiple agreements for the purchase and sale of Renewable Energy Credits from solar generation facilities.
Wind Energy Transactions:
- Agreements for an Alabama utility to purchase 404 MW of wind generation from the SPP balancing authority area.
- Agreements for a Florida utility to purchase 188 MW of virtual wind generation from the MISO and SPP balancing authority areas
- Multiple agreements for the purchase and sale of Renewable Energy Credits from wind generation facilities.
Other Power Purchase and Tolling Agreements:
- Counsel to both utilities and independent power producers in the negotiation and preparation of contracts and tolling agreements for the sale of capacity and energy from natural gas fired generation facilities across the United States.
- Counsel to utilities and independent power producers in the negotiation and preparation of contracts for electricity requirements service to cooperative and municipalities. Agreement for the sale of 400 MW of capacity and energy from a combined cycle facility to a major Florida utility.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Counsel to independent power producers in the mergers and acquisitions of electric generation facilities, including wind, solar and gas-fired facilities.
- Acquisition by Southern Power Company of Nacogdoches Power, LLC, the owner and developer of a 102.5 MW biomass facility in Nacogdoches, Texas.
- Acquisition by Southern Power Company of West Georgia Generating Company, LLC, the owner of a 600 MW gas-fired generating facility in Thomaston, Georgia.
- Sale by Southern Power Company of DeSoto County Generating Company, LLC, the owner of a 320 MW gas-fired generating facility in Arcadia, Florida.
- Counsel to Southern Power Company in the negotiation and execution of an agreement to purchase Hartwell Energy Limited Partnership, the owner of a 300 MW gas-fired facility in Hartwell County, Georgia.
- Counsel to utilities and independent power producers in a variety of contracts for generation development, including EPC Contracts, equipment procurement contracts, long term service and maintenance agreements (LTSAs), and operation and maintenance agreements.
PURPA and Cogeneration Matters:
- Representation of both utilities and generation developers in PURPA and cogeneration matters, including development of steam host contracts, avoided cost power purchase contracts, and counsel on regulatory matters under PURPA.
- Counsel to both generators and transmission providers in the negotiation of generator interconnection agreements.
- Counsel in FERC and appellate proceedings involving generator interconnection agreements and the allocation of costs of facilities and upgrades under such agreements.
Retail Electric Service Matters:
- Counsel to retail electric service providers and industrial purchasers in jurisdictions with retail electric choice, including ERCOT and PJM markets.
Requests for Proposals:
- Counsel to a major Southeastern utility in the preparation and administration of Requests for Proposals for power supply products, including renewable power supply products and environmental attributes.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1994, magna cum laude; Alabama Law Review
- The University of Alabama, B.S., 1991, Accounting
- Alabama, 1994
- The Best Lawyers in America, Energy Law