- Energy Project Acquisitions and Divestitures: Lead counsel to independent power producers, investment funds and utilities in due diligence activities for, and the acquisition and divestiture of, electric generation projects, including wind, solar and fossil facilities. Representative matters including the following:
- Acquisition of a 200 MW plus solar generation project located in the Southeast, the output of which will be used to serve a new technology data center.
- Acquisition of a 200 MW wind generation project in North Dakota by a national independent power producer.
- Acquisition of a 200 MW wind generation project in South Dakota by a national independent power producer.
- Acquisition by Vistra Energy of a 180 MW solar generation project in Upton County, Texas.
- Acquisition of a 102.5 MW biomass generation facility in Nacogdoches, Texas.
- Acquisition of a 600 MW natural gas-fired generating facility in Thomaston, Georgia.
- Sale of a 320 MW natural gas-fired generating facility in Arcadia, Florida.
- Negotiation and execution of an agreement to purchase a 300 MW gas-fired facility in Hartwell County, Georgia.
- Generation Construction and Development: Lead counsel to utilities and generation owners in contracts for the procurement and construction of electric generation facilities. Representative transactions include the following:
- EPC contract for the construction of a 610 MW natural gas-fired generation power barge project located in Brooklyn, New York.
- EPC contract for the construction of a 180 MW solar generation facility in Upton County, Texas.
- EPC contract for the construction of the first battery project in Texas.
- Construction completion agreement with Bechtel Power Corporation for the completion of the Vogtle units 3 and 4 nuclear power generation units in Georgia.
- Long Term Service Agreements (LTSAs): Lead counsel to utilities and generation owners in preparing and negotiating long term service agreements for generation facilities, including with Mitsubishi, Siemens and General Electric.
- Solar Energy Transactions: Representation of generation owners and utilities in preparing and negotiating agreements for the purchase and sale of electric output from large solar generation facilities across the United States
- Wind Energy Transactions: Representation of generation owners and utilities in preparing and negotiating agreements for the purchase and sale of electric output from wind generation facilities across the United States, including in the MISO and SPP balancing authority areas.
- Natural Gas-Fired Power Purchase and Tolling Agreements: Representation of utilities, generation owners, cooperatives and municipalities in preparing and negotiating power purchase and tolling agreements for capacity and energy from natural gas fired generation facilities across the United States.
- O&M and Asset Management Agreements: Counsel to utilities and generation owners in preparing and negotiating operation and maintenance agreements and asset management agreements for power plants across the United States.
- PURPA and Cogeneration Matters: Representation of both utilities and generation developers in PURPA and cogeneration matters, including development of steam host contracts, avoided cost power purchase contracts, and counsel on regulatory matters under PURPA.
- Generator Interconnection Agreements: Counsel to both generators and transmission providers in the negotiation of generator interconnection agreements, including in FERC and appellate proceedings involving the allocation of costs of transmission facilities and upgrades.
- Retail Electric Service Matters: Counsel to retail electric service providers and industrial purchasers in jurisdictions with retail electric choice, including ERCOT and PJM markets.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1994, magna cum laude; Alabama Law Review
- The University of Alabama, B.S., Accounting, 1991
- Alabama, 1994
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2009-present
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Preeminent