- Power purchase agreements: Represents buyers and sellers in negotiations of power purchase agreements. Primarily focuses on natural gas, wind and solar power purchase agreements, biomass fuel agreements, and full requirements agreements. Also represents large commercial customers in negotiating commodity supply and energy efficiency agreements.
- Renewable energy programs: Assists utility clients in developing renewable energy programs for industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Negotiated some of the first renewable energy program agreements in regulated electric markets.
- Renewable energy marketing: Advises clients regarding renewable energy marketing and compliance with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations, state attorneys general guidance, and other applicable rules. Develops and negotiates REC sales agreements.
- FERC counsel: Serves as FERC regulatory counsel in rulemaking proceedings and appeals to the U.S. Courts of Appeals. Assists clients in a variety of FERC compliance areas including market-based rate matters, Order No. 1000 (transmission system planning), and tariff filings and changes.
- FERC rate litigation: Served as counsel to one of the largest point-to-point transmission system customers on the Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) network in FERC investigation and complaint proceedings arising out of the integration of Entergy into MISO.
- Wind and solar generation acquisition counsel: Performs due diligence on commodity sales and fuel supply contracts in acquisitions of wind, solar, and biomass generation companies for large independent power producers.
- Government contracts: Advises clients regarding state and federal competitive bid requirements, bid protests, and government contract negotiations.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2008, Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law, Libel Show
- New York University, B.A., 2004, magna cum laude, Founders Day Award
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2014
- Alabama, 2008
- Levite Jewish Community Center, Vice President
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, Honorable R. David Proctor, 2008 - 2009