- Power purchase agreements: Represents buyers and sellers in negotiations of power purchase agreements. Primarily focuses on natural gas, wind and solar power purchase agreements, biomass fuel agreements, and full requirements agreements. Also represents large commercial customers in negotiating commodity supply and energy efficiency agreements.
- Electric Generation Construction: Represent owners in the development and construction of new natural gas, battery storage, and renewable electric generation facilities and associated projects.
- Renewable energy programs: Assists utility clients in developing renewable energy programs for industrial, commercial, and residential customers. Negotiated some of the first renewable energy program agreements in regulated electric markets.
- Battery Storage: Lead counsel for developers and purchasers of battery energy storage systems, including construction contracts, service agreements, and power purchase agreements.
- Renewable energy marketing: Advises clients regarding renewable energy marketing and compliance with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations, state attorneys general guidance, and other applicable rules. Develops and negotiates REC sales agreements.
- Wind and solar generation acquisition counsel: Performs due diligence on commodity sales and fuel supply contracts in acquisitions of wind, solar, and biomass generation companies for large independent power producers.
- Government contracts: Advises clients regarding state and federal competitive bid requirements, bid protests, and government contract negotiations.
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2008, Virginia Journal of Social Policy and the Law, Libel Show
- New York University, B.A., 2004, magna cum laude, Founders Day Award
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit, 2014
- Alabama, 2008
- Joanie Plous Bayer Young Leadership Award, Birmingham Jewish Federation, 2019
- Birmingham Business Journal, Rising Star Lawyer, 2019
- Levite Jewish Community Center, Board President
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, Honorable R. David Proctor, 2008 - 2009