- Class Action / Insurance: Successful appeals and reversals of a trial court’s class certification orders involving claims alleging improper labor depreciation on insurance claims. (Baldwin Mutual Insurance Company v. McCain, 260 So. 3d801 (Ala. 2018) and Baldwin Mutual Insurance Company v. McCain, 176 So. 3d 1195 (Ala. 2015)).
- Insurance Coverage: Successfully argued in the district court and on appeal to the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, including oral argument, that, under Alabama law, sewage backups in two residences were not excluded from coverage under a commercial general liability policy based on a total pollution exclusion. (Evanston Insurance Company v. J&J Cable Construction, LLC, 2016 WL 5346079 (M.D. Ala. Sept. 22, 2016), aff’d 719 Fed. Appx. 1002 (11th Cir. 2018)).
- Foreclosure Redemption: Obtained judgment, affirmed on appeal, declaring that client was entitled to redeem real property after foreclosure. (Deutsche Bank Nat’l Trust Co. v. Citibank, N.A., 806 F. Supp. 2d 1212 (M.D. Ala. 2011), aff’d 494 Fed. Appx. 974 (11th Cir. 2012)).
- Foreclosure Redemption: Obtained dismissal of redemption claim against client. (Wyatt v. Mortgage Elec. Registration Sys., 501 F. Supp. 2d 1345 (M.D. Ala. 2007)).
- Prescriptive Easement: Obtained summary judgment in favor of electric utility client on claims of trespass and nuisance based on the establishment of a prescriptive easement for power poles and lines. (Circuit Court of Elmore County, Alabama; 2016).
- Prescriptive Easement: Obtained summary judgment, which was affirmed on appeal, in favor of electric utility client on claims of trespass based on the establishment of a prescriptive easement for a power pole and lines. (Jackson v. City of Auburn, 971 So. 2d 696 (Ala. Civ. App. 2006), aff’d Ex parte Lightwave Techs., 971 So. 2d 712 (Ala. 2007)).
- Employment / Trade Secrets: Obtained summary judgment dismissal of a majority of claims against clients in aerospace trade secrets case; involved an issue of first impression under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act; on remaining claims, court held that plaintiff was limited to nominal damages only. (Bell Aero. Servs. v. U.S. Aero Servs., 690 F. Supp. 2d 1267 (M.D. Ala. 2010)).
- Mortgage Validity: Obtained summary judgment, which was affirmed on appeal, in favor of client on claims of quiet title, slander of title, and declaratory judgment that challenged the validity of client’s mortgage; claims involved the interpretation of a will. (Estate of Ingrum v. Fin. Freedom Acquisition, LLC, 2010 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 89670 (M.D. Ala. 2010), aff’d 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 2250 (11th Cir. 2012)).
- Recreational Use Statute: Obtained summary judgments in favor of landowner client, which were affirmed on appeal without opinion, in two separate premises liability actions under Alabama’s Recreational Use Statute. The actions involved an accident at a public fishing pier (Circuit Court of Elmore County, Alabama; 2013) and an accident at Acapulco Rock at Lake Martin (Circuit Court of Elmore County, Alabama; 2014).
- Insurance Coverage: Obtained summary judgment declaring that insurance company client had no duty to defend an industrial development board in underlying litigation. (Landmark Am. Ins. Co. v. Indus. Dev. Bd. of Montgomery, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 128041 (M.D. Ala. Sept. 9, 2013)).
- Wrongful Foreclosure / Mortgage Servicing: Successful appeal and reversal of a trial court’s judgment that had impermissibly changed its prior final judgment from with prejudice to without prejudice in a wrongful foreclosure /mortgage servicing case. (Washington Mutual Bank, F.A. v. Campbell, 24 So. 3d 435 (Ala. 2009)).
- Auburn University, B.A., Corporate Journalism, 2000, magna cum laude
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- Alabama, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar, Young Lawyer Section,Executive Committee, 2008 - 2012
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section, Ex Officio Board Member, 2012 - 2014, President, 2010 - 2012, Vice President, 2008 - 2010, Board of Directors, 2006 - 2008
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants, 2022 - present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2011, 2013 -2017
- American Hellenic Educational Progressive Association (AHEPA), Liberty Chapter #23, 1996 - present
- AHEPA Charities of Montgomery, Alabama, Inc., President, 2010 - present