- Age and disability discrimination lawsuit by a manager: Lead counsel in lawsuit against employer in USDC SD MS for age and disability discrimination. Summary judgment for employer by USDC SD MS. Affirmed by 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. (2019, Mark Muller v. Mississippi Power Company, Case No. 19-60301).
- Disability and age discrimination claims against employer: Lead counsel for employer in lawsuit by former employee alleging disability and age discrimination. Summary Judgment for employer in USDC ND MS. Affirmed by 5th Circuit Court of Appeals. (2018, James Jackson v. Oil-Dri Corporation of America, Case No. 18-60361).
- Termination of electrician for violation of zero tolerance safety policy: Represented employer in two arbitrations. In first arbitration, arbitrator upheld the employer’s zero tolerance safety policy which resulted in the termination of electrician for first offense. In the second case arbitrator upheld the employer’s termination of the electrician. (2019).
- Relinquishment of medical privileges by physician: Represented a community hospital regarding investigation of physician’s fitness for practice. Counseled Board and chief of medical staff to have physician voluntarily relinquish his medical staff privileges. (2019).
- FLSA collective action: Represent largest liftboat operator in Gulf of Mexico against FLSA collective action claims. Summary Judgment in favor of employer in USDC LA WD, Appeal pending in United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. (2019, Case No. 19-30907).
- Breach of labor contract/judgment against union: Served as lead counsel in lawsuit for client against IUOE Local 406 in the USDC SD TX for breach of contract, tortious breach of contract, and other claims involving local union’s expulsion of IUOE members from Louisiana and other states working for our client. Following trial, the USDC SD TX awarded our client damages in the amount of $413,789.53. IUOE Local 406 appealed to the U.S. Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and following oral argument, our client was awarded the lower court's judgment plus costs. IUOE Local 406 paid $457,444.06. (2016, Turner Industries Group, LLC v. Local 450, IUOE, U.S. Ct. of Appeals, 5th Circuit, (No. 15-20277))
- Manager’s theft of confidential business information/trade secrets and violation of non-competition agreement: Successfully investigated and filed suit against former manager and others who denied any misconduct. Brought suit in USDC SD MS and resolved through consent judgment with substantial restitution and extension of former manager’s non-compete. (2014, Canon Solutions America, Inc. v. William Pittman Jr, Thomas Napier and Gulf Copy Systems, LLC (No. 1:14-cv-00149-LG-JMR))
- Race/age discrimination/refusal to hire: Summary judgment granted by USDC SD MS. (2015, Luretha Bivins v. Mississippi Regional Housing Authority, No. 15-60484 and affirmed on appeal to Fifth Circuit 2016, No. 1:133-CV-230)
- Louisiana State University School of Law, J.D., 1972
- Tulane University, B.A., 1969, Economics
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 1976
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1976
- Mississippi, 1975
- Louisiana, 1972
- Mississippi DRI - Lawyers Representing Business; president, 1988-1989
- Mississippi Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, chair, 1987-1988
- Mississippi Bar Foundation, fellow
- American Bar Association Developing Labor Law Committee, chapter editor, 1980-2008
- College of Labor and Employment Law, fellow; Fifth Circuit Credentials Committee, chair, 2016; Fifth Circuit Regional Seminar, co-chair, 2016
- Multi-State Labor and Employment Seminar, program chair, 1984-2010
- Mississippi Business Journal, Mississippi Leading Attorney, 2010
- Chambers USA, Labor and Employment Law, Star Individual, Band 1, 2003 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment, 1988 – present
- Human Resource Executive Magazine, Hall of Fame 2016 Inductee: The Nation’s Most Powerful Employment Attorneys
- Human Resource Executive Magazine, Top 100: The Nation’s Most Powerful Employment Attorneys, 2010 - present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- The Breakers Homeowners Association, board member, 2012-2015; president, 2014-2015
- Country Club of Jackson Subdivision Association, Covenants Committee, chair, 2015-2016