2018 Susan B. Livingston Boot Camp for Success
Each year, Balch hosts the Susan B. Livingston Boot Camp for Success to equip incoming law students with the tools needed to be successful during law school and throughout their future as attorneys. Minority and underrepresented law students from schools across the Southeast are invited to attend a two-day program to learn skills to be successful in law school and to gain a deeper understanding of the legal profession and the variety of careers available to law school graduates.
Exactly what I needed to hear! Looking forward to the journey ahead.
- 2017 Boot Camp Participant
Many students who participate in the program go on to credit Boot Camp for Success as a driving factor behind their law school and young professional accomplishments. In 2017, more than 40 incoming law students joined us for Boot Camp.
Balch attorneys, corporate leaders, attorneys from a wide variety of backgrounds and career paths, and law school faculty present and discuss ways students can enhance their academic and professional success while maximizing law school opportunities.
Thursday, August 2nd, 2:00 PM - 7:00 PM (Central Time)
Friday, August 3rd, 8:30 AM - 3:00 PM (Central Time)
Balch & Bingham
1901 Sixth Avenue North, Suite 1500
Birmingham, AL 35203
Click here for directions.
Additional speakers to be confirmed.
- Natalie Bolling, Vulcan Materials Company
- Alexia Borden, Alabama Power Company
- Myla Calhoun, Alabama Power Foundation
- Judge John L. Carroll, Retired Chief U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Middle District of Alabama; Former Dean of Cumberland Law School
- Emily Gerhardt - Southern Company
- Judge Shera Grant, District Judge, 10th Circuit
- Professor Brian Fair, University of Alabama School of Law
- Rachel Fry, Ph.D., Fry Health
- Allen Howell, Cumberland School of Law
- Whitney Lipscomb, Office of the Governor of the State of Mississippi
- Yawana McDonald, Campbell Guin, LLC
- Judge Shanta Owens, District Judge, 10th Circuit
- Michael Patterson, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Judge Javan J. Patton, Circuit Judge, 10th Judicial Circuit
- Freddy Rubio, Rubio Law Firm, P.C