- Negotiated over $1 billion in coaching contracts, including more than $850 million in the last 8 years ($650 million in the last 6 years)
- 2x biggest contract in college football history (2019 & 2022)
- Biggest coordinator contract in college football history (2017 & 2018)
- 2x biggest contract for 1st – time Power 5 head coach in Power 5 history (2021)
- Biggest contract for 1st – time head coach in Group of 5 history (2020)
- 2nd biggest contract in college baseball history (2022)
- PSC Proceedings: Represented pole owners in rulemaking proceedings to implement initial state jurisdiction over the rates, terms and conditions governing attachment to poles owned by electric cooperates.
- Joint use/pole attachments: Representing multiple electric utility (pole owners) before the Federal Communications Commission, trial courts, and appellate courts concerning communications company attachments, including National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) issues.
- Energy litigation: Represented investor-owned utility (IOU) in multi-jurisdictional litigation concerning failed energy markets, imbalance tariffs, adequate assurances under forward power contracts, RICO violations, and control area tariffs.
- Corporate landowner: Defended putative class action involving claims of fraud and conspiracy arising from closure of residential mobile home park on managed reservoir.
- Smart grid issues: Represent IOUs concerning smart grid infrastructure, bandwidth issues, automated meters, and emerging trends.
- Products: Representation of commercial builder in litigation against a large HVAC manufacturer related to the purchase of more than 1,200 HVAC products.
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 1991, Dean M. Leigh Harrison Scholar
- Troy University, B.S., 1988, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 1995
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 1991
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- Supreme Court of Florida, 1991
- Supreme Court of Alabama, 1991
- Florida, 1991
- Alabama, 1995
- Texas, 2013
- Alabama State Bar, Intellectual Property, Entertainment, & Sports Section
- Birmingham Bar Foundation, Fellow
- The Florida Bar, Sports & Entertainment Section
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-rated
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2016-present
- Chambers USA, Litigation: General Commercial, 2016-present
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorney, 2012. 2018, 2020
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2014 - present
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2013 - present
- Church of the Highlands
- King's Home