- Executive Comp: Provide domestic and cross-border tax advice for executives under Section 409A and 280G of the Internal Revenue Code
- ACA: Filed more than 25 ESRP filings under the Affordable Care Act, with total penalty savings exceeding $10 million
- ERISA: Advise clients on ERISA compliance matters for the general operation of qualified retirement plans.
- ERISA: Voluntary Correction Program (VCP) filings for retirement plans
- ERISA: Advise clients on ERISA matters that arise during the sale of a company, including plan merger and termination and continued liability considerations for purchasers.
- Foundation work: Counsel to high net worth families to create charitable family foundations to further those families’ charitable plans
- Tax-exempt: Created multiple tax-exempt hospital systems, including one system with more than 30 taxable and tax-exempt entities
- Tax-exempt: Experience working with acquisitions and dispositions of assets of Tier 1 research universities
- Tax-exempt: Created, qualified, and advised more than 50 tax-exempt organizations.
- Private Letter Ruling Requests: Filed multiple private letter ruling requests with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), including a request to forgive a blown S-election that saved the client more than $70 million in back taxes
- The University of Alabama School of Law, LL.M., in Taxation, 2016
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 2012
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 2009, summa cum laude, Vanderbilt Law School ENGAGE Scholar
- U.S. Tax Court, 2014
- Alabama, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- WIPO-WTO Colloquium Papers, Editor, 2014
- Birmingham School of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Best Lawyers in America®, Ones to Watch, 2021-present
- Birmingham Business Journal, Rising Stars for Law, 2018
- ASO Junior Patrons, Founding Member