- Represented secured lender in judicial dissolution of non-profit college.
- Represents SBA lenders in loan defaults and collection matters.
- Represented a defrauded creditor in avoiding a multi-million dollar fraudulent transfer perpetrated by a debtor and his family.
- Represented the indenture trustee in the appointment of a receiver over assisted-living facilities.
- Regularly represents commercial landlords in landlord-tenant disputes including in issues arising when tenants file bankruptcy.
- Protected a manufacturer’s trade secrets when a parts supplier entrusted with these secrets filed chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Represents lenders on a regular basis defending stay violation claims in bankruptcy.
- Represented a bank who was a participant of a loan in a dispute with the lead bank regarding the handling of commercial property collateral in multiple states.
- Represented a secured lender of an assisted-living facility after the facility defaulted on its obligations.
- Represented the receiver of a multi-housing project.
- Represents various parties in the structure of transactions to take into account the risk of default and bankruptcy.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude, Mississippi Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, Moot Court member
- University of North Alabama, B.B.A., 2000, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2017
- Tennessee, 2009
- Mississippi, 2004
- Alabama, 2003
- Judicial Conference of the United States Advisory Committee, Bankruptcy Rules
- American Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association’s Alabama Chapter, immediate-past president
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-rated
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2012 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorney, 2017, 2018, 2020
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Lawyer, 2017 & 2018
- Alabama Ballet Board of Directors
- Downtown Birmingham Kiwanis Club
- National Multiple Sclerosis Leadership Class of 2012
- Alabama Leadership Class Initiative of 2010