- Represented agent of multiple working interest owners in oil and gas properties when operator filed chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Enforced multi-million dollar judgment against multiple judgment debtors in multiple states.
- Represents indenture trustee in bond default by now closed private college.
- Represents SBA lenders in loan default and collection matters.
- Protected trade secrets when parts supplier entrusted with those secrets filed chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Represented secured lender in judicial dissolution of private college borrower.
- Avoided multi-million dollars in fraudulent transfers by debtor on behalf of defrauded investor.
- Represents indenture trustees in assisted living facility bond defaults.
- Represented participant bank in dispute with lead bank on commercial real estate loan.
- Represents landlords and tenants in in lease disputes.
- Defends stay violation claims and preference avoidance actions in bankruptcy courts.
- Advises on risks of bankruptcy in the structuring of transactions.
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2003, magna cum laude, Mississippi Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief, Moot Court member
- University of North Alabama, B.B.A., 2000, cum laude
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Tennessee, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Tennessee, 2016
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee, 2017
- Tennessee, 2009
- Mississippi, 2004
- Alabama, 2003
- Judicial Conference of the United States Advisory Committee, Bankruptcy Rules
- American Bar Association
- Turnaround Management Association’s Alabama Chapter, immediate-past president
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Southeastern Workshop Advisory Board
- Chambers USA, Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-rated
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, 2012 - present
- The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Birmingham Magazine, Top Attorney, 2017, 2018, 2020
- B-Metro Magazine, Top Lawyer, 2017 & 2018
- Alabama Ballet Board of Directors, President-Elect
- Downtown Birmingham Kiwanis Club
- National Multiple Sclerosis Leadership Class of 2012
- Alabama Leadership Class Initiative of 2010