- Oil Pollution Act/Natural Resource Damages: Assisted in the representation of the Mississippi Department of Environmental Quality and worked with a team of environmental scientists in preparing the state's Natural Resource Damage Assessment arising out of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. A multi-million dollar settlement in favor of Mississippi was reached. In re: Oil Spill by the Oil Rig "Deepwater Horizon," MDL No. 2179. (E.D. La. April 4, 2016).
- Public Housing: Represented a regional housing authority in several Low Income Housing Tax Credit transactions. Also, represented the same authority, as one of the first housing authorities in the nation, in the conversion of nearly all of its public housing units from traditional public housing to the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s new Rental Assistance Demonstration program.
- Bankruptcy: Represents a public utility in both consumer and commercial bankruptcy matters.
- Commercial Litigation: Represents the Mississippi Development Authority in litigation to recover defaulted loans in the Small Rental Assistance Program created in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.
- Obtained summary judgment for insurance agency: Represented insurance agent and agency in a matter with potential national impact in which customer alleged fraud and misrepresentation by the insurance industry for failing to advise policyholders of annual payments to agents based upon their customers' claim history.
- Obtained directed verdict in favor of insurance agency: Represented insurance agent and agency in suit by customer who claimed negligence and fraud in the issuance of a commercial insurance policy prior to Hurricane Katrina under which the insurer denied coverage for business interruption and property damage. The result was affirmed on appeal. Trapani v. Treutel, 87 So. 3d 1096 (Miss. 2012).
- Summary judgment for family practitioner: Obtained summary judgment for a family practitioner in a suit brought by a non-patient who was involved in an automobile accident caused by a patient wherein the allegations were that the physician had failed to properly prescribe, monitor, and warn the patient of the side effects of an anti-hypotensive. This was a case of first impression in Mississippi.
- Defense verdict for pediatric practice: Represented a pediatric practice in a suit involving the treatment of a toddler with permanent brain injury from suspected child abuse. A defense verdict was rendered in favor of the pediatricians after eight days of trial.
- Favorable verdict for neurosurgeon: Represented neurosurgeon in suit involving surgical procedure on wrong patient. Case was tried on damages only with verdict substantially below defendant’s last offer to settle.
- Arbitration award: Participated in obtaining arbitration award of $57,033,510 on behalf of Mississippi State Port Authority against the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA offered 44 million prior to arbitration).
- Settlement negotiations: Assisted in obtaining over $100 million in insurance proceeds for a client against numerous insurance companies resulting from damages incurred during Hurricane Katrina.
- Summary judgment for internal medicine specialist: Obtained summary judgment for internal medicine specialist against allegations of delayed diagnosis of bowel obstruction leading to death.
- University of Mississippi Law Center, J.D., 1975
- University of Southern Mississippi, B.S., 1973, Economics, Political Science
- Supreme Court of Mississippi, 1975
- Mississippi Chancery Courts, 1975
- Mississippi Circuit Courts, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi, 1975
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi, 1976
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1978
- Mississippi, 1975
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Harrison County Bar Association, past President
- City of Biloxi, Mississippi, Municipal Judge, 1981 - 1982 and prosecuting attorney, 1982 - 1985
- Eighth Chancery Court District, Master
- The Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Mississippi Goodwill Industries of South, Member and Chairman of the Board of Directors
- University of Southern Mississippi Honor Club