Benchmark Litigation US, a directory recognized for its ranking of top trial firms globally, has selected Balch & Bingham as a “Recommended” firm for its robust litigation practice and “Highly Recommend” for labor and employment litigation in Alabama in its 2021 edition.
In addition to the firmwide recognitions, seven Balch partners are included in the publication as a “Local Litigation Star,” a “Labor & Employment Star” or a “Future Star.”
The definitive guide to America's leading litigation firms and attorneys, Benchmark Litigation US, is the only publication in the United States to focus exclusively on litigation. The annual rankings are the culmination of a six-month research period involving extensive interviews between researchers and litigators and their clients as well as analysis of the market's most important cases and firm developments.
Benchmark Litigation recognized seven Balch partners as litigation stars in its 2021 edition:
- Chuck Burkhart was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the area of Product Liability. Chuck chairs the firm's Product Liability & Casualty Practice and has substantial jury trial experience. In addition, he maintains a national construction litigation practice. Over the past decade, Chuck has negotiated more than $1 billion in construction contracts across the U.S.
- Russ Campbell was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the area of General Commercial. As chair of the firm's Litigation Practice, Russ leads more than 90 attorneys across the firm's footprint in the representation of clients across numerous industries in state and federal courts nationwide.
- Greg Cook was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the areas of General Commercial, Antitrust and Energy and Natural Resources. Greg has defended over 60 class action suits and handled over 250 real estate and mortgage matters. He chairs the firm's Financial Services Litigation Practice.
- Alan Rogers was listed as a Local Litigation Star in the areas of Appellate, General Commercial, Insurance, and Product Liability. Alan is an experienced trial lawyer and a fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is recognized for his significant experience in advocacy and litigation, providing counsel to businesses in highly regulated industries.
- Sean Shirley was listed as a Future Star. Sean regularly represents clients in complex personal injury, environmental and toxic torts, product liability, legal malpractice, and wrongful death cases. Sean has first chair jury trial experience and has tried multiple cases to verdict.
- Jeff Starling was listed as a Labor & Employment Star-South. Jeff chairs the firm's Labor & Employment Practice. For more than 25 years, he has represented employers across the full range of legal issues, ranging from employment, non-compete and trade secrets litigation to union elections and negotiations.
- Dorman Walker was listed as a Labor & Employment Star-South. Dorman regularly litigates complex legal matters involving private or governmental employers and works with companies across numerous industries to manage and address risk through the implementation of policies, procedures and contracts.
Earlier this year, Benchmark Litigation US recognized the following Balch partners as members of the 2021 Benchmark 40 & Under Hot List, a recognition of their ambition and accomplishments in handling major cases – some of which are high-stakes or precedent-setting.
- Conrad Anderson IV
- Thomas DeBray
- Adam Israel
- Anne Kaufold-Wiggins
- Brant Pettis
- Jason Tompkins
Balch's Litigation Practice includes more than 90 attorneys who practice across the Southeast and appear regularly before state and federal courts, arbitration panels, and regulatory bodies. The firm is recognized for its strength in trial and appellate work, with deep experience in highly regulated industries, including healthcare, energy and financial services. Balch is recognized for excellence in litigation by Chambers USA, Best Lawyers in America, and Benchmark Litigation US.